The first aspect of security is Physical Office Security; this is related to anything that doesn’t have to do with our IT infrastructure from maintaining a secure workplace (being mindful of who in your workspace at any given time, especially when it comes to guests) to not discussing company business while in public (e.g. at a restaurant or a party), or on social media.
Steps that can be taken to secure the Physical Office Space are:
- If you are in the office, ask people you don’t recognize if you can help them.
- Don’t allow unauthorized people into the office follow you through the side doors when using your key fob.
- Requiring guests to sign-in and NOT leaving them unescorted.
- Destroying documents and/or other media with sensitive data.
- Use the shredders in the office (or at home).
- Don’t leave portable devices in public places.
- Motion-sensing cameras in the office.
- Servers and routers are to be kept in locked room(s)/closets.
- Front Desk Security such as in the in Woodland Hills Office.